Sunday, May 3, 2009

For Laura, Part II


Because this photo is of one of her marvelous companions in life, the ever-loving Trout, truly not everyone's best friend, (she is a discerning dog, this one) but certainly one of mine.

The reason for said photo is because I do believe on this sunny Sunday afternoon I could take some serious cues from her general attitude and behaviour. Sleep when tired, scratch when itchy, don't overthink. Staying positive and just *being* are what dogs do, as spiders spin webs and pigs scuffle about, and humans make difficult.

Going through and ridding of things today, there always seems to be mountains of objects and the like in my external and internal worlds. I threw out (or, I should say, am passing onwards) a pair of antique suspenders that I've loved for years but never used. I feel a pull towards keeping them, as part of the collection of knick-knacks and doo-hickeys that remind me of the gentleness of the world, but at the same time, if I was to get up and leave tomorrow, I would hardly have a use for them, no? Other than to keep my pants from falling down.....oh dear.

All this to say I doubt very much that Trout has similar struggles under fur and bone about whether things or thoughts should stay or should go. All the more reason to growl and yelp a bit and begin to unleash the forgotten canine within.

No comments:

Post a Comment