Sunday, May 3, 2009

For everyone else, part I


This stranger (to me, to someone else he is a close, close one) really wanted his photo taken as I was sitting waiting for the bus some small time ago.

Which made me somehow elated, as so often I feel very shy about photographing people I don't know. I have actively avoided this in the past, with whole trips to other countries being visually relegated to seemingly empty narratives of streets and buildings and places and spaces sans les humains.

This guy here, though, with his enthusiasm for the spotlight, made me reconsider my position, if only for a minute. Well, a bit longer, obviously, or else this little note wouldn't exist. It's hard not to be awfully fond of moments and people who completely change the positions from which I've been viewing certain angles or perspectives of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment