Tuesday, March 2, 2010

5 things


The jasmine tree is blooming subtly. There is coffee to drink and the weather outside beckons me into its warm, comforting winds. Tsegue-Maryam Guebrou is playing the piano often of late, and Arthur Russell sings me to sleep. Candlelight always makes everything look so beautiful.

A billion and one reminders that need to play as little songs throughout my day reminding me of just how blessed I am.

Someone very dear to me once said to make sure to write down 5 wondrous things that happened at the end of each day, no matter how miserable and frustrated I might feel at the time. I have often been surprised since following his advice that the days where I have sensed the greatest unbalance have usually been the ones most ripe with offerings of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment